Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Live Strong

I totally recommend the livestrong.com website. It lets you easily track your calories and calculates them for you for all your portions, and lets you acknowledge daily activities as things that burns a tiny bit of calories. You know, do some dishes to eat one cookie. Not that those red numbers at the end of the day down in your nutritional breakdown go down for any of your exercise, but the bar that lets you know how many calories you NEED to eat is wonderful. For free, it lets you set custom calorie goals [they recommended I eat 1375 calories a day to loose 2 pounds a week and that scared the bejeezus out of me so I lowered mine to 1300], browse recipes [and click "I ate this!" from that recipe] create your own 'loops' for your neighborhood jog..... This place is awesome. for 45$ a year you can get a few more features, but this site is designed to enable you without sticking it to you. I'm a little tempted to spend the 45 just so I can get the red numbers to stop showing up under the protein column by changing my nutritional goals. After 7 days of using it, it has become clear that while I apparently eat too much protein and fiber, I don't eat enough fat. go figure, I thought I was getting enough of the good ones in my diet, but a good deal of the time I wasn't even getting to the halfway mark. Oops..
Also, it is dang hard to eat 1300 calories a day. I know you are rolling your eyes or rereading that sentence, but trying to eat healthily and fill up that 1300 is making my head melt with confusion. I could theoretically just grab something from Carl's or Jack's or Mc D's, and believe me one of those bastards has come out with an avocado sandwich that sounds amazing. But when you start knowing what's in them, harder to just waltz up to the counter, order, and eat without the 7th grade science films of how your body works going through your mind. Or at least, I have that when I don't have Jillian Michaels standing there in my mind ready to whip me with a car antenna. I will keep trying.

By they way, pearled barley with cumin and garlic is tasty.

oh and I so want this: Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 (new)

No comments:

Post a Comment