Monday, February 27, 2012

Hmmm

So I just reviewed the first 2 weeks of the Body Revolution DVDs, I look forward to doing this program. of course, I have only viewed 3 of the 15 DVDs, so I may eat my words later on. However, I still have a month before I start it. The MIL will do it first, giving my time to finish my shred challenge [14 more days, wth?] and do a couple of weeks of the Kickboxing.
The phases are set up very simply:
Week 1-2
Day 1: Front of Body workout [1]
Day 2: Back of Body Workout [2]
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Front of Body [1]
Day 5: Back of Body [2]
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Rest

Weeks 3-4
Day 1: Front of Body workout [3]
Day 2: Back of Body Workout [4]
Day 3: Cardio
Day 4: Front of Body [3]
Day 5: Back of Body [4]
Day 6: Cardio
Day 7: Rest

Week 1 of Phase 1 offers a kickstart metabolism week, in which you can do the cardio dvd every day that week [which means 2 times on cardio days]

I haven't thoroughly perused the diet plans, but I did read enough in the kickstart diet [which she warns you to only do once] to know it is not for me. Don't get me wrong, I have many of her recipes, and like them, but niacin free is hard to come by. Also, I do not believe in totally omitting alcohol from diets. If you're a wine drinker, wine with dinner is fine to me. 1-2 drinks [otherwise] a week is fine, because that's, oh what? Moderation.  Alton Brown thinks so too. But the MIL is very into the kickstart diet so tonight we shall be having steak with spinach salad. Sounds good.

It's weird, in my Shred challenge, sometimes the modifications are harder for me to do then the full out move. Like level 2's chair squats with a v raise. When I was doing the modification, I couldn't make it through the 30 second sessions. But then I switched to the regular, and today I made it all the way through [yay me] In general, I feel a small raise in endurance, but I do not yet see a physical difference, nor do I feel one. Bummer. I shall finish and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment