Friday, December 17, 2010

Je suis

Yesterday was one of those days that confirmed how badly I needed a new mattress. My back was so locked up I could be laying on my side and be in massive pain if I laughed. I tried exercising and stretching it to no avail, so no actual exercise.
But I did come up with a new plan, as stupid as it sounds.
I have decided to implement 'routines' when I wake up and before I sleep.
It will consist of Jumping jacks, push ups, and in the morning, triceps kickbacks. I did it this morning and it didn't take very long, but my theory is that it will spike my metabolism and in the morning get it rolling until I exercise for the day.
I haven't worked out the finer points of it, because my routine of 50 jumping jacks, 25 push ups [I'm a wimp, 20 had me wobbling] and 15 tricep kickbacks seemed to take maybe two minutes. since some of my exercise DVDs are only 20 minutes, I don't know if aiming for 10 minutes would be too much, but 5 minutes sounds so pathetic. 7 minutes should be it then. which I think should then also include oblique twists and squatting punches. So:

Morning Routine:
50 Jumping Jacks
25 Push Ups
15 Tricep Kickbacks
100 Squatting Punches
15 Oblique Twists
25 Push Ups
50 Jumping Jacks

Evening Routine:
50 Jumping Jacks
25 Push Ups
100 Squatting Punches
50 Jumping Jacks

My BF and I decided I should do this for 3 months to see how it affects my weight loss. When I first came up with it yesterday it seemed like such a great idea and now I'm thinking it's silly. I'm still going to give it a go, of course, because not trying means we'd all still be crowded in England and Harry Potter would've had no room hop around with his tent. Of course then he would've died, Dobby would've had a more horrible death later on, and Voldemort would be wandering around being afraid of death.


So, to show you the shock I received when I realized how much weight I'd gained back, here's one of the four pictures I take on a semi-regular basis to visusally track weightloss:


This shows the weight gain best [hoping the picture is large enough, the originals are too large for here.]

It serves as a reminder why days like yesterday, where I indulged in 2 bread sticks and a sugared soda, cannot keep happening. They may have been small stumbles, but combined with lack of exercise the scale showed me 11.2 oz heavier today from my weight of 207.6 yesterday. A grand total of 208.4

So even if it's stupid, my routines will added in in hopes of doing something right. I will figure out what I was doing wrong the last time I was losing weight, because damn it came off too slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment