Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oops

So funny thing. I got all excited about being on track and exercising, and decided that next month I would do Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred for the month so I could: 1, find out if it would really shred some pounds off [that up to 20 pounds is so alluring, and I know, hard to do], and 2, maybe write a proper review having properly used it [finally, y'know, after having owned it for over a year, being the second workout DVD I ever bought]. So last week I sat down with my phone to schedule it out. There are three  levels, and I wanted to do each one equally, when  I noticed something on my calendar. I didn't have 30 days. In fact, I had 29. Crap. Well, I was going to have rest days, right? I could make that day my last rest day. 
So I happily type in my rest days and start of level days, and move on. This sounds like it ended well yes? 5 rest days, 8 days on each level..... Except. Except.
My family has been planning a little trip, you see. Our once-in-a-lifetime family trip to DisneyWorld. It's been a dream of my dad's for years for us all to go on a week long trip to DW, and after coming into a tiny bit of money, it was made possible.  So about 6 months ago, maybe more, we booked flights, hotels, etc. For February. Which has been that off-in-the-distance future event for a long time, and with the holiday rush I forgot we were going completely. A few days later my dad mentioned it's pending arrival and I asked for specific dates so I could write them down [for any potential employers]. Opened the calendar on my phone, and panicked when I saw how badly this screwed with the schedule.
After having determined that the room would have no DVD player, and deciding against bringing my own form of player, I have decided I shall bring a swimsuit and use the pool for some exercise, and do some poolside yoga. My parents were both shocked I felt the need to try to bring the DVD with me, saying we would be walking around all day. But amusement park walking is walking, standing/shuffling in line, sitting, walking, rinse, repeat. You may be active, but it's not going to be burning any major mondo calories. It hardly compensates for all the salt etc that's in the Park's food.
So, in the end, I will be shifting to after our return to start my 30 Day period, and just have to live with my groove being thrown off.

In other news, I received my new Bob Harper DVD, which I will be previewing tomorrow. I'm not sure how, or when, I will be adding it to my mix-up, but I will.
Yesterday I ended up doing level 2 of Jillian's Yoga Shred, and felt like I was sweating less, and therefore like I cheated on my workout. My thighs were definitely telling me about some of the moves this morning, however :)
I'm also excitedly awaiting some awesome yoga pants and comfy shirt from oldnavy.com, who have an excellent selection [not to mention priced] of athletic wear for plus sizes.
My biggest omigodcantwait is I finally decided to invest in a heart rate monitor. My mother feels they aren't all that useful, but she has never used one so I can't say she is an authority on this.


Speaking of, tomorrow, as part of my weigh in post, I shall post more in depth about how utterly defeated and  [mostly] alone I feel, and how my biggest opposition seem to be my parents, because after tonight I felt so fricking discouraged by their words I cried and felt like hiding away. I'm hoping sleep will give me some perspective on the whole thing. Right now I'm trying to be my own cheerleader. It's sort of working.

7 am comes all too soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment